Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Pumpkin carving!
I don't think I've carved a pumpkin since.... 6th grade?
Can you guess what this is?
Looks much better lighted up!
Puss'n'Boots from Shrek

Halloween at Stratagene

Apparently, every year the company welcomes the Halloween spirit with costume contests, baking contests, and pumpkin carving contests. The Tech Service Department gets really into it, whereas the rest of the company doesn't have as much fun. Gee, I definitely found the right group for me!

Technical Services represent!

back row: Kevin, Caroline, Mike, Owen. front row: me, Marta, Solange. Not shown: Al and Virginia Kevin as a watermelon (the seeds were my idea)
Banana-mana Owen + Coco
Mike, a TAB enthusiast (apparently a reference to an episode of the Sarah Silverman show?)
Caroline as a witch. Don't cross her or else!

She's our manager, and this is the scariest picture they've ever gotten out of her ever! Me as a scarecrow. Those hay bales came in handy. :)
Marta as a Zookeeper with her monkey, Annica.
Our crazy internationals in town for Stratagene University:

Punk rock fairy Claudia from Belgium, Japanese Princess Fumiko, and Witch Bharti from the UK Yet another witch, Cinda... she takes care of all of us...
Costume contest and Bake off
Pumpkin carving contest. Apparently, it's usually a battle between TS and R&D for this contest, but neither group had the time this Halloween. Next year!

This was my first Halloween in ages (over 10 years?) passing out candy to kids. Awww, they were too cute! Driving home, I stopped by Costco to get my candy (yeah, yeah, I'm a slacker and saved it for last minute). As I was driving into my neighborhood, I saw my 8-year-old neighbor and his friend trick or treating. It was only 5pm! My neighbor recognized my car. I saw him point to it, and then he started RUNNING (with arms flapping and flailing) to my house. It was hilarious....

The rest of the evening were a parade of tiny little kids (most came up to my knee or thigh) who would knock on my door because they're too small to reach the doorbell. So cute....

No comments: